Here’s what a few of our fans are saying:
- Spent 2 days on lake powell fly fishing for stripers. we chucked streamers and boated approximately 60 fish each day. Bill’s boat accommodates 3 fly fishermen very well. Bill knows Lake Powell and was savvy to where to find the fish and how to rig up to catch them. We fished in beautiful canyons in clear water. when we were there, the fish were holding in 10-20 feet of water, and were aggressive. Had a blast, and have already booked our next trip!! Gaylen Z. Salt Lake City, UT 3-21-18
- Being in the bait business, I have customers constantly asking about Guide Services? I always recommend Ambassador Guides & Outfitters as Bill McBurney is a true professional and will put you on the fish. Brad Hehhingsen, Stix Liquor & Sporting Goods, Page, AZ 2-2018
- Dear Judy and Captain Bill,Just a quick note to say thank you for all your help in making our stay in Lake Powell very special. We really appreciate the help and guidance you gave us on what to see and do and where to eat around town.As for the fishing, what Captain bill doesn’t know about fishing the stunning waters of Lake Powell just isn’t worth knowing! We both had a great day on the boat both fishing and sightseeing so much so I had to come back for a second days fishing which was just awesome, one of the best days I have ever spent fishing !Thanks again and look forward to coming back soon !All the best!
Terry & Johanna, UK
- Have been fishing with Capt. Bill almost everyone of the past dozen plus years– and we ALWAYS catch a lot of fish. Bill knows where to put you on the fish- which are the best lures / bait and their presentations and how to get them — always a lot of them–into the boat.
Ed, Los Angeles
- I just wanted to say that Ambassador guides is the best fishing guide business out there. My Dad and I have been fishing with Bill for many years and we have enjoyed every trip. Bill is a top notch, very friendly and makes every trip enjoyable for me and my Dad. We would recommend Ambassador guides to anyone. Thank you and we plan on seeing you really soon!!!!
Paul – Surprise, AZ
- Sent my dad as a father of the bride gift and he absolutely loved it. started in the morning came back happier than ever around sunset. Captain Bill was excellent and they caught many fish which we cooked up that very night. he cant wait to go again.
Ken, Tempe, AZ March 2015 (many years prior as well)
- I have fished with Ambassador in late October 2013. The weather was perfect. The boat clean and easy to fish from. Captain Bill provided the tackle and knowledge for an excellent day of striper fishing. He’s a savvy guide with a bit of Robert Duvall in his personality. Using a combination of experience, skill and a very fishy sixth sense, Captain Bill finds fish when others are wondering the lake aimlessly. On the day I fished I hooked 20+ stripers in the 4 to 8 lb range.
See our Trip Advisor Reviews