Professionally Guided Fishing Tours on Lake Powell
2022 Current Rates
Our rates are based on weight and limited to 4 anglers maximum on all trips – Children must be 8 years of age or older
- (Option 1) 1-2 Anglers $575.00 – 4 hours additional anglers $50 (water included – ice & cooler for food provided) – Half day charter fishing is 4 hours from Stateline or Wahweap Marina limited to 20 miles round trip (Antelope Point ) includes Glen Canyon Dam & Antelope Canyon
- (Option 2) 1-2 Anglers $675.00 – 6 hours – additional anglers $50 (water included – ice & cooler for food provided). Trip is Stateline or Wahweap Marina to Navajo Canyon – 34 miles round trip.
- (Option 3) 1-2 Anglers Full day – 8 hours $850.00 Additional angler $50 (drinks included – ice and water). This trip is from Stateline or Wahweap marina to Padre Bay 55 miles round trip.
- Lake Powell Experience Options -Because not everyone wants just a fishing trip, for some families we can provide a trip of fishing, fantastic sight seeing the deep interior with mesa’s over 7,000 ft and swimming too weather permitting (Extreme heat or cold)– trip will not operate Captain will book according to current weather reports. Rates: 1-2 Anglers $850 additional anglers $50. Water- Ice included. 50-100 miles round trip.
- Click on the link for more details on Lake Powell Experience: https://www.ambassadorguides.com/experience-lake-powell/
- A surcharge for fuel may apply with Lake Powell Experience but will be discussed prior with your Guide to the trip. This may be due to conditions for fishing to provide a quality trip for the angler.
Lunches are not provided but water is always on board – BYOB Beer & Soda. Please note maximum 2 beers per person on board. No exceptions..
- Extended Fishing Charter for the serious anglers (75 – 100 miles round trip) – Call for current pricing. An increased surcharge applies depending on number of anglers and guests (maximum 4) Private Treaty
We now have 24 hr day rates on extended houseboat or camping trips. Our fees are $900 per day plus food and lodging, fuel & bait. This includes Charter Captain licensed with USCG and AZ Game & fish, fishing boat, all tackle for the trip up to 14 days with a 2 day minimum. Call for more details.
Note: If Guide/Guides need to have their own spike camp, that will need to be clarified with booking.
Our destination of the past years were 80+ mile round trips for full day charter. By request, those trips are available but rates are a minimum plus fuel surcharge added and discussed with your Captain prior to the trip
2022 Casting Class
Bait Cast Lesson 1 hour $50 per person
Fly Cash Floating Line & Sink Tip 1 hour $50per person
Both States Utah or Arizona License for your trip to Lake Powell as Utah is reciprocal with each other. If you are an Arizona resident you do not need a Utah stamp any longer. You can obtain your license on your phone. All licenses will be check prior to boarding for your trip.
Arizona: Visit https://www.azgfd.com/Fishing/
On the Lake? : Call Toll Free: 800-221-0659
Here is what we provide:
- Conventional Tackle Provided – Bait and lost tackle not included.
- Fly Rod lessons for Lake Powell are 1 hour (private treaty) can be included in your price for trip.
- $100 per hour for extra hours requested by customer. Licensing and gratuity not included.
- If available, transportation to and from Airport or Lodging round trip $50.00.
Fees and Permits –
Entrance Fees – Weekly
Annual Pass $80.00
1-7 Day Vehicle Entrance $30.00 – Admits one single, private, non-commercial vehicle and all its passengers
1-7 Day Motorcycle Entrance $25.00 – Admits one single, private, non-commercial motorcycle and its riders.
1-7 Day Individual Entrance $15.00 – Admits one individual when entering on foot or bicycle. Individuals 15 years of age and younger are admitted free.
1-7 Day Boating Entrance $30.00 – Admits one single private vessel. If a Senior Pass is presented at time of purchase, the boat entrance fee is $15.00 and good for 1-7 Days.
1-7 Day Boating Entrance additional vessel $30.00 – Admits one single private vessel on the same trailer as a vessel paying full entry fees
Cancellation Policy: Effective January 2022
With the possibility of a Cancellation on the guests part due to travel restrictions currently due to COVID-19 , Lake Powell Striper Fishing will allow a 1 year extension on making up the trip. All refunds will be refunded within 90 days of notice or deposit will be held for future date. Ambassador Guides is not liable for any monetary or physical losses due to natures unforseen circumstances or acts of God.
All customers will be required to sign a Covid-19 release when boarding declaring they have not been exposed in the last 14 days or are currently feeling not well.
All customers receive this Cancellation Policy via email and is posted – All Customers will follow the Cancellation Policy with no exceptions. A tracking of the email is kept on file with Ambassador Guides.
- All refunds for illness on the part of Ambassador Guides will be refunded for the fishing trip only. All refunds for any mechanical breakdowns will be refunded on a pro-rated basis if breakdown occurs past the 1/2 day mark on full day charter only. There are no refunds for inclement weather/water conditions that can arise in the Southwest. If no launch is made, a 1 year credit with deposit will be applied only. A full refund of your deposit for cancellation notices of 30 days or more prior to departure will be applied and sent within 90 days of cancellation notice. If less than 30 days, another launch date will be arranged and honored for 1 year from cancellation date and no refund on the deposit only unless we are able to fill that date and then we would do a “full refund” . For trips booked on a short notice of 72 hours or less, there is no refund on deposit for cancellation changes at the customer’s request unless we are able to fill the date.
- Customers fishing and “ride- alongs” are liable for any lost or damaged equipment owned by Ambassador Guides and also responsible to “pay” for any bait used at fair market price. Customers are not liable for normal wear and tear or failure of equipment provided by Ambassador Guides & Outfitters. Customers are required to have and acknowledge either “Vacation Insurance” or “acknowledge Ambassador Guides not liable for inclement water and weather disturbances and/or product failure.
- Gift Certificates are honored for up to 1 year from purchase date and are NON-Refundable. Call for details. Due to the unpredictable fuel costs, a surcharge will apply and will be discussed prior to your trip for 15 miles or further from launch. There will be no chargebacks on the Credit Card for cancellations. All refunds will be applied within 30 days of cancellation notice.